Tuesday 5 October 2010

Teaser Tuesday Oct5th.







Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My first teaser is from "The Star's Tennis Balls" by Stephen Fry :
"It all began sometime in the last century, in an age when lovers wrote letters to each other sealed up in envelopes.Sometimes they used coloured inks to their love, or they perfumed their writing-paper with scent."

2 comments:

  1. Love letters for some reason always make me smile. I think there's something awesome about putting your feelings down on paper for someone to read.

    My teaser is up at Find the Time to Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I am envious of the book you chose. I adore Stephen Fry! Excellent and oh so true teaser. I need to get a hold of this book. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-a-despicable-profession.html

    ReplyDelete